Deja Vu

Wow. I can't believe it's been over a month since I've updated this thing.

I've been meaning to write something for quite some time, I just always seem to run out of time... or when I do have the time I can't think of anything to say. Blogging was so much easier when I was at home all day and not working all the time.

I was going to update last Friday after I went to my annual "lady doctor" appointment. I was going to talk about how awkward it is when the doctor walks in and is all, "How's it going? What have you been up to? The weather's been nice lately, huh?" all while grabbing your boobs. I wanted be like, "Dude, shouldn't you at least buy me a drink first?"  I'm sure he's never heard that one before.

But anyway. I never got around to blogging on Friday, so that post never got written. Sorry you're missing out. Now it's almost a week later and here we are. Want to know what happened today?

Well, it started yesterday morning. Lola threw up 7 times before I even left for work. Poor thing. I could tell she wasn't feeling well, and couldn't stand the thought of leaving her alone all day to throw up all over her bed and such, so her papa took the day off work to stay home with her. He's a good papa.

By evening, she still wasn't acting like herself. Usually when they're sick these things pass pretty quickly but I could tell something was off this time.

We had a family birthday dinner to go to, then headed over to Josh's parents' house for dessert. We swung by the house first to check on Lola and decided to just bring her and Kosmo with us. Lola then proceeded to throw up on Josh's mom... it was mostly water, but goodness it was EVERYWHERE (Lola said sorry again, Granny!)... and then she threw up on ME! Poor girl. The night wasn't much better. I got about 4 hours of sleep total. Lola wouldn't sleep in bed so I tried to sleep on the floor with her, but she couldn't get comfortable and then kept throwing up so it was a pretty restless night.

By this morning I knew she still just wasn't acting right so I took her to the animal hospital. They did x-rays and blood work. The blood work was abnormal indicating dehydration and infection, so they wanted to admit her to put her on IV fluids. The x-ray didn't show anything in her tummy, but that her stomach was enlarged and since she hadn't eaten in 2 days, they suspected something was in there. They wanted to monitor her and the next step was possible exploratory surgery tomorrow morning.

She threw up again this afternoon, they did another x-ray and recommended we go ahead with the surgery tomorrow, sooner than later. We decided if they were going to do surgery, why not just go ahead and get it done today.

So that's what we did. My baby girl had surgery today to remove an object from her tummy, just like her brother.

I seriously can't believe we've been through this twice now. We are either the worst puppy parents ever or just have really super bad luck. (I am thinking the latter, but it does make you doubt yourself). I hope my fur-babies decide that one surgery each is PLENTY.

Lola's surgery wasn't nearly as complicated as Kosmo's, and she shouldn't have any of the "special needs" he has now. So, that's good. We caught it much earlier this time. Kosmo went 6 days before he had surgery where Lola only went 1, so I think that helped.

I'm just happy that BOTH of my babies are okay. Those little stinkers aren't "just dogs" they are little furry family members and I am so thankful for them.

She should be home by Monday.

Get well soon, Lola Bear! We love you so much!